The US government awards billions of dollars a year in contracts
But a rigorous process of competitive bidding doesn’t always eliminate fraud.
When contractors are suspected of seeking government dollars via deceptive or fraudulent means, the FBI investigates.
Under the Federal False Claims Act, people who bring forward information regarding procurement fraud are entitled to a percentage of funds recovered by the government.
Dan Guthrie represents clients who allege fraud against the government in connection to federal contracts in Texas and nationwide.
With so much at stake, procurement fraud is taken very seriously
Government Procurement Fraud
Government procurement fraud cases arise when federal contracts are obtained illegally or improperly, or when federal contracts are fulfilled with inferior goods or services, including cases involving:
- False statements made about the quality of goods or services
- Inside information used to obtain a bid (non-public information)
- Bribery used to participate with a specific contractor or vendor
- Inferior products substituted for the originally contracted products
- Defective products knowingly supplied in a federal contract